It is an honor for us, that the European Union found our project worthy of support: the ‘Get more girls into STEM vocational training schools Or: How can vocational training schools encourage girls through the process of school-seeking’ alias Technogirl Project won a Small-scale partnership with Slovenia.
Our two organizations (Hungary and Slovenia) are committed to increase the number of girls in STEM-vocational schools, as they are extremely underrepresented in our educational system at that level.
As nowadays automatization helped professions a lot, there can now hardly be found differences between man-like or woman-like jobs.
Short summary of our project:
- raise girls’ numbers in the two STEM VET schools taking part in our pilot from 2023/24
- raise girls’ numbers applying to VET schools in the 4 elementary schools taking part in our pilot from the end of 2022/23
- raise families’ numbers who believe in the successful end of a VET school study/practise.
- raise class teachers’ numbers having clear information about the role of women/girls in STEM vocational training
- raise awareness of STEM VET schools
Our tasks meanwhile
- Parents, students: widen their opinion about girls’ place in STEM VET professions”More girls from our cooperator elementary schools will choose STEM VET schools (than the year before)
- Market research
- Recruitment events
- Tutoring/career guidance
- Social media campaigns for raising awareness
- Precise administration and communication
- More girls from our cooperator elementary schools will choose STEM VET schools (than the year before)
- More girls will get in to the STEM VET schools we cooperate than the year before”